First of all, thank you to everyone, which is pretty much all of you, who helped make my birthday special. Some of you posted on Facebook, texted me, or met up with me. You guys are so cool! Celebrating my birthday here in India helped me to remember that God has given me so many new friends, which have become just like family. One of my friends, before we left the US, gave our family a wooden plaque that reads "Friends are the family you find along the way." That is so true. Everyone who is a believer is in my family too, which is pretty awesome if you think about it. Even though I wish I could've celebrated with my biological family too, I had a truly wonderful time, and now I am OFFICIALLY 15 years and 1 day old. :)
For my birthday, I made a three layer cake. This was a white cake with a chocolate ganache and Reese cup filling frosted with buttercream icing. I also made homemade chocolate ice cream to go with it, but we ended up eating the ice cream the night before my birthday. My dad couldn't wait. I couldn't wait either. On my birthday, for brunch, I made Quiche Lorraine and Balsamic Vinaigrette dressed salad greens and Raspberry Iced Tea. (The name of the tea is capitalized because that's how good it was.) Then I did a little birthday shopping with my birthday money that was kind of burning a hole in my pocket. BUT I only spent a little, and I saved the rest. Maggie was very proud of me. (She is the queen of saving money!) After desserts and coffee with some of my youngish friends, I went over to our friends-that-have-become-family's house and hung out for a little while before we went to dinner. Now I usually try to be culturally appropriate and not like eat a ton of meat or talk about it that much but that night, I had BBQ ribs. They were amazing. And the potatoes were amazing. And some of Maggie's curly fries were amazing. And the company was amazing. The whole night was wonderful. I went home and went to bed around midnight, after staying up 'till midnight the night before as well. (That cake wasn't gonna frost itself!) I had a blast cooking for my birthday, but now the question of Thanksgiving has come up. And especially the question of the turkey. Do you roast it, fry it, bake it, boil it, steam it, or grill it? That is a question for another day I think.
For my birthday, I made a three layer cake. This was a white cake with a chocolate ganache and Reese cup filling frosted with buttercream icing. I also made homemade chocolate ice cream to go with it, but we ended up eating the ice cream the night before my birthday. My dad couldn't wait. I couldn't wait either. On my birthday, for brunch, I made Quiche Lorraine and Balsamic Vinaigrette dressed salad greens and Raspberry Iced Tea. (The name of the tea is capitalized because that's how good it was.) Then I did a little birthday shopping with my birthday money that was kind of burning a hole in my pocket. BUT I only spent a little, and I saved the rest. Maggie was very proud of me. (She is the queen of saving money!) After desserts and coffee with some of my youngish friends, I went over to our friends-that-have-become-family's house and hung out for a little while before we went to dinner. Now I usually try to be culturally appropriate and not like eat a ton of meat or talk about it that much but that night, I had BBQ ribs. They were amazing. And the potatoes were amazing. And some of Maggie's curly fries were amazing. And the company was amazing. The whole night was wonderful. I went home and went to bed around midnight, after staying up 'till midnight the night before as well. (That cake wasn't gonna frost itself!) I had a blast cooking for my birthday, but now the question of Thanksgiving has come up. And especially the question of the turkey. Do you roast it, fry it, bake it, boil it, steam it, or grill it? That is a question for another day I think.
I'd like one turkey fried and the other roasted, please. Uncle David
ReplyDeleteHaha, that sounds great! :)
DeleteLove reading you blog.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mamaw, I really enjoy writing it. This way we can stay better connected. =]
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday Andy! Sounds like you had a blast. I love keeping up with you through your blog. Makes me feel like I am right there talking with you. For the record, I love the turkey fried (if someone else is doing it.)Baked, if I do it. That much hot grease in one place kind of scares me. :) Can't wait for you to write again.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mrs. Amy! Haha, yeah I don't do all that well with a lot of oil either. :)
ReplyDelete